Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Last day in UTS

From Left: Caroline Dobson, Eleanor Resciniti, me, Carole Fawcett and Lakmali Dias.

Yesterday was my last day in UTS School of Finance and Economics.
Have been working there for almost half year.
Taught me a lot abt the Australian office culture and their culture itself.
Imagine working sharp at 9am and leave sharp at 5pm.
No OT, no extra work.
Imagine drinking wine while eating thai food.
Using UTS credit card to pay for my farewell lunch at Capital Thai.

Eleanor taught me a lot of things.
She's really nice and patient.
She always treat me some aussie mentos "XXX" during late afternoon when everyone starts to feel tired on the workload.. haha..
Caroline just joined us from Bloomberg weeks ago.
She's a funny mother of a 7 months old baby...

Carole is my school manager. She is the one who approves my payslip every week... I'll definitely miss the time when i have to hand in my time sheet and check my bank account during the pay day every fortnight..

Lakmali is another nice lady from Sri Lanka.. Imagine that she is already a grandmother of two grandkids. She used to make warm apple vinegar drink for me whenever she heard me coughing during work.

Bye bye to my first office job.
in an Australian office culture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really start to miss sydney life now...missing those days back in sydney..those random things we did together..

Anonymous said...

Only one word for you my dear >>> Congratulations!! U should know why i say that... hehe.. Lots of blessings ya :-) Start to miss you.. hai... :-(

cheayin said...

yuni...faster come back kb laaaa...