Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Advanced Corporate Finance.

I don't understand why I have to read the original Modligliani and Miller journal - The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment. Yes, they got their Nobel Prize for this. But, why am I reading it? I don't even understand a bit ! It's 50++ pages and it took me 3 days to finish reading it. Why can't they use more user-friendly sentences? Why can't they use full-stop in each of the sentences? Why are they making things so technical and complex? Why are they using all those formulas and statistics to explain cost of capital and the market? And why do we need to do presentation on this thing that I will never understand?? Oh my god ! I'm definitely dead in this class. The worst thing is there will be much more complicated journals waiting for me through out the semester that I'll need to read them, write summary paper, weekly proposals and make individual presentation ! And there will be no final exam for this subject ! Guess what? I'll need to read an unpublished research paper and write a referee's report that will be graded by an actual external editor and the lecturer. My goodness! research paper? that must be long, dull, technical, and i bet they'll try to make the sentences as complex as possible! This subject is crazy.... I wonder how long can I survive...

*sigh*

Good luck to me.

No comments: